Trinity is Indonesia’s leading travel writer and blogger with 15 national best-selling books including The Naked Traveler series. Two of the books have been adapted into 2 movies, titled Trinity, The Nekad Traveler and Trinity Traveler.
In 2005, she started Indonesia’s first travel blog at naked-traveler.com, which by 2007 had attracted the notice of publishers. Her debut book The Naked Traveler was a compilation of thoughtful but hilarious short stories from her adventure around the world. The book inspired many Indonesians, especially young people to travel, something that was still quite rare at the time.
Trinity chose “naked” in the title because it means something that’s not shielded and glossed over. Unlike most travel writing, which tends to rhapsodize about the beauty and attractiveness of a place, Trinity’s blog and books cover both the positive and the negative. “Naked” is also a pun from Indonesian word “nekad” (reckless/bravery).
The Naked Traveler series now has eight titles; all are Indonesia’s best-selling travel books to date, including The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip (part #1 & part #2) and the last series The Naked Traveler 8. Trinity, along with Erastiany and illustrator Sheila Rooswitha, created Indonesia’s first graphic travelogue Duo Hippo Dinamis: Tersesat di Byzantium (The Dynamic Hippos: Lost in Byzantium). She also contributed to the anthologies The Journeys, TraveLove, The Naked Traveler Anthology, and The Naked Traveler Anthology: Horror. Her book in English The Naked Traveler, Across the Indonesian Archipelago tells what travel is really like in her own country. Recently she and her travel buddy, Yasmin, published 69 Cara Traveling Gratis (69 Ways to Travel for Free) targeting the Millennials.
Previously, she was an English-Indonesian literary translator, copywriter, Editor in Chief of Venture – an English travel magazine, Radio Personality of Indika FM, regular contributor of Yahoo! Travel, columnist of JalanJalan travel magazine, and TV host of The Naked Traveler on MNC channel. Trinity won an Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia’s Leading Travel Writer in 2010 and was voted as one of 5 Most Important Persons in Indonesian Tourism by detikTravel Readers’ Choice in 2014.
With hundreds of thousands of followers, Trinity is one of Indonesia’s most influential persons in social media. She was acclaimed as one of 12 Most Influential Indonesian Women on Twitter by Swa magazine in 2010 and a nominee in RCTI Social Media Awards 2016.
Her life inspired many, became a sought-after speaker at a variety of events on blogging, tourism, and passion. She was a participating author at Indonesia’s biggest literary festivals; Ubud Writers & Readers Festival and Makassar International Writers Festival. Recently she was one of 70 top Indonesian authors participating in Frankfurt Book Fair 2015 to promote Indonesian literary in the world’s biggest book fair.
Trinity’s love of writing began when she was 6 years old; she consistently took a role as a journalist in school newspapers from primary school until she was in university. She has a Bachelor Degree in Communications from Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia, and was awarded an Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship to do her Master in Management at the Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines.
She has traveled to almost all provinces of Indonesia as well as 93 countries around the world – and counting. She still thinks Indonesia is the best country she has ever visited.
- The Naked Traveler – Bentang Pustaka, Jun 2007
- The Naked Traveler 2 – Bentang Pustaka, Jan 2010
- Duo Hippo Dinamis: Tersesat di Byzantium – Bentang Pustaka, May 2010
- The Journeys, Kisah Perjalanan Para Pencerita – Gagas Media, Apr 2011
- The Naked Traveler 3 – Bentang Pustaka, May 2011
- TraveLove, Dari Ransel Turun ke Hati – Bentang Pustaka, May 2012
- The Naked Traveler 4 – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2012
- The Naked Traveler, Across the Indonesian Archipelago (in English) – Bentang Pustaka, Oct 2013
- The Naked Traveler Anthology – Bentang Pustaka, Jul 2014
- The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip Part #1 – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2014
- The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip Part #2 – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2014
- The Naked Traveler Anthology: Horror – Bentang Pustaka, Oct 2015
- The Naked Traveler 7 – Bentang Pustaka, Jul 2016
- 69 Cara Traveling Gratis – Bentang Pustaka, May 2018
- The Naked Traveler 8: The Farewell – Bentang Pustaka, Jan 2019
Get my books in all book stores in Indonesia (Gramedia, Togamas, etc), or Marketplace @Mizanstore (Tokopedia, Shopee, etc), or buy online at mizanstore.com or downloaded the e-books on Google Play Books.
Book Adapted to Movie
- Trinity, The Nekad Traveler – Tujuh Bintang Sinema, Mar 2017
- Trinity Traveler – Starvision, Nov 2019
- Freelance Contributor to some magazines, such as Colours (Garuda Indonesia Inflight Magazine) and DestinAsian Indonesia.
- TV Host of Naked Traveler (based on her YouTube channel) – MNC Food Travel channel, 2015 & 2017
- Columnist – JalanJalan Travel Magazine 2012-2013
- Web Commercial – “Kerja itu Main” & “AAA+” for Acer Indonesia and Bakmi GM, 2015-2016
- Special Appearance on motion picture – “Follow Back” Saykoji’s music video & “Missing” short film, 2013
- Editor in Chief – Venture (English Travel Magazine), 2010-2012
- Radio Personality of The Naked Traveler Travel Program – Indika FM, 2009-2012
- Literary English-Indonesian Translator – PT Tiga Serangkai, 2009-2010
- Freelance Copywriter – 2009
- Social Media Influencer/Content Creator for various companies/brands – 2008 to present
- Regular Contributor – Shape 2006-2007, Urban Style 2009-2011, Yahoo! Travel 2011-2013
- Travel Blogger at naked-traveler.com – 2005 to present
- Marketing Communications specialist in hospitality and technology corporations – until 2007
- Making Money from Leisure for Indonesia Knowledge Forum – Jakarta, 9 Oct 2019
- SGD Talk: Be a Responsible Traveler for UNDP Indonesia – Jakarta, 30 Sep 2019
- The Shifting Era, Millennial Traveler Domination for Trisakti Tourism Award – Jakarta, 27 Jun 2019
- Membangun Kebaikan Melalui Media Sosial (Building Goodness through Social Media) at Universitas Internasional Semen Indonesia by PT Semen Indonesia, Tbk. – Gresik, 11 Apr 2019
- “Turismo en Indonesia” at Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos – Lima (Peru), 30 Oct 2018
- Know India Seminar by Consulate General of India – Bali, 1 Mar 2018
- Saving the Ocean by Curbing Plastic Usage by WWF – Jakarta, 16 Jun 2017
- Participating author in Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair – KL, 7 May 2017
- How to be a Travelpreneur by Aeroticket Goes to Campus – Jakarta, Mar-Apr 2017.
- “Successful Blogging, One Post at a Time”, US Bloggers Week @america – Jakarta, 19 August 2016.
- LOUD (Live Out Ur Dream) by Godrej Indonesia – Jakarta & Bandung in 5 ivy league universities, Feb 2015
- Book Talk by Forum Masyarakat Indonesia di Dresden – Dresden (Germany), 16 Oct 2015
- Frankfurt Book Fair – Frankfurt (Germany), 14 Oct 2015
- Participating author in Ubud Writers & Readers Festival – Bali, 5-9 Oct 2011, 11-15 Oct 2013, and 24-28 Oct 2017
- Participating author in Makassar International Writers Festival – Makassar, 13-17 Jun 2011, 3-7 Jun 2015, and 25-29 Jun 2019
- “Be Passionate, Live the Dream” in TEDx Talks – ITS Surabaya, 18 Jul 2012
- Tourism Seminar by Indonesian Embassy in Namibia – Windhoek, 6 Jul 2011
- “How to write about travel” @america by US Embassy – Jakarta, 14 May 2011
- Speaker of more than 100 seminars/workshops/talk shows in the field of travel writing/blogging/tourism/passion on TV/radio/schools/universities/corporate/trade shows.
Awards & Recognitions
- Kaleidoskop 2018: 7 Figur Menonjol Dunia Traveling Indonesia – Tempo, 28 Dec 2018
- The Indonesian Writer in Residence Program 2018 by Ministry of Education & Culture of the Republic of Indonesia – Peru & Bolivia, 3 Sep – 1 Nov 2018
- 7 Travel Blogger Indonesia Terkeren 2017 – Tripzilla, 5 Jan 2018
- 11 Heroines of Emancipation of Indonesian Women – Femina magazine, 21 Apr 2017
- Nominee Buku Non Fiksi Terfavorit (Most Favorite Non Fiction Book) for “The Naked Traveler 7” in Anugerah Pembaca Indonesia – Jakarta, Dec 2016
- Nominee of RCTI Socmed Awards 2016, Category: Blogger – RCTI TV, Mei 2016
- Wanita yang Melampaui Cita-Cita Kartini – Jawa Pos newspaper, 21 Apr 2014
- 5 Orang Penting dalam Dunia Pariwisata Indonesia (5 Most Important Persons in Indonesian Tourism) – detikTravel Reader’s’ Choice, 5 Feb 2014
- Figur Inspiratif (Inspirative figure) 2012 – Femina magazine, Oct 2012
- Indonesia Most Influential Personality in Social Media, Category: Travel – SWA magazine, 15 Mar 2012
- Heroine for Indonesian Tourism – The Jakarta Post newspaper, 17 Jun 2011
- 7 Most Inspirational People in Tourism – JalanJalan magazine, Dec 2010
- Indonesia Leading Travel Writer – Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards, Jakarta, 21 Oct 2010
- 12 Most Influential Indonesian Women on Twitter – Warta Ekonomi magazine, 23 Aug 2010
- Best Book 2008 – Cleo magazine, Dec 2008
- Finalist of Indonesia’s Best Blog Award 2007 in “Pesta Blogger” – Jakarta, 27 Oct 2007
- Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship to study Master in Asian Institute of Management, Philippines – Manila, 2007-2008
- Airlines: Qatar Airways, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, KLM, Garuda Indonesia, Oman Air, Air Asia, Scoot.
- Hotels & Resorts: Fairmont Hotels, Club Med, Accor Hotels, Starwood Hotels, Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Kempinski.
- Tourism Boards: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan, India, Seychelles, Netherlands, Pakistan, Chubu, Queensland, Auckland, Almaty, Wales, Madrid, Madhya Pradesh, Kansai.
- Associations: ATF (ASEAN Tourism Forum), ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association), IMM (International Media Marketplace).
- Others: Traveloka, Tokopedia, Gojek, Danone-Aqua, British Council, Ray-Ban, WWF, Javamifi, Dwidaya Tour, AXA Mandiri Travel Insurance, etc.