Trinity is Indonesia’s leading travel writer with 12 national best-selling books including The Naked Traveler series. Her books will be adapted into The Naked Traveler – The Movie on the big screen in 2016.
In 2005, she started a travel blog at naked-traveler.com and it became the first and foremost travel blog in Indonesia. In less than two years the blog was nominated as finalist in Indonesia’s Best Blog Awards and led her to publish book. She then switched from a corporate career to become a full-time traveler and freelance travel writer.
Her debut book The Naked Traveler was a compilation of thoughtful but hilarious short stories from her adventure around the world. The book inspired many Indonesians, especially young people to travel, something that was still quite rare at the time. The Naked Traveler series now has six titles; all are Indonesia’s best-selling travel books to date, including the newest ones The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip (part #1 & part #2).
Trinity, along with Erastiany and illustrator Sheila Rooswitha, created Indonesia’s first graphic travelogue Duo Hippo Dinamis: Tersesat di Byzantium (The Dynamic Hippos: Lost in Byzantium). She also contributed to the anthologies The Journeys, TraveLove, The Naked Traveler Anthology, and The Naked Traveler Anthology: Horror. Her book The Naked Traveler, Across the Indonesian Archipelago was the first witty travel book in English about Indonesia.
Previously, she was an English-Indonesian translator, copy writer, Editor in Chief of Venture travel magazine, Radio Personality of Indika FM, regular contributor of Yahoo! Travel, columnist on JalanJalan travel magazine, and TV host on MNC Food & Travel. Trinity won an Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia’s Leading Travel Writer in 2010 and was voted as one of 5 Most Important Persons in Indonesian Tourism by detikTravel Readers’ Choice in 2014. Still, she has found time to become a contributor to many publications and a speaker to many seminars until now.
With hundreds of thousands of followers, Trinity is one of Indonesia’s most influential persons in social media. She was acclaimed as one of 12 Most Influential Indonesian Women on Twitter by Swa magazine in 2010. Thanks to her popularity among followers, she became a social media entrepreneur.
Her life inspired many, became a sought-after speaker at a variety of events on blogging, creative writing, tourism, and passion. She was a participating author at Indonesia’s biggest literary festivals; Ubud Writers & Readers Festival and Makassar International Writers Festival. Recently she was one of 70 top Indonesian authors participating in Frankfurt Book Fair 2015 to promote Indonesian literary in the world’s biggest book fair.
Trinity’s love of writing began when she was 6 years old; she consistently took a role as a journalist in school newspapers from primary school until she was in university. She has a Bachelor Degree in Mass Communications from Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia, and was awarded an Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship to do her Master in Management at the Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines.
She has traveled to almost all provinces of Indonesia as well as 73 countries around the world – and counting. She still thinks Indonesia is the best country she has ever visited.
About Trinity in Indonesian language, please click Wikipedia.
- “The Naked Traveler 1” – Bentang Pustaka, Jun 2007
- “The Naked Traveler 2” – Bentang Pustaka, Jan 2010
- “Duo Hippo Dinamis: Tersesat di Byzantium” – Bentang Pustaka, May 2010
- “The Journeys, Kisah Perjalanan Para Pencerita” – Gagas Media, Apr 2011
- “The Naked Traveler 3” – Bentang Pustaka, May 2011
- “TraveLove, Dari Ransel Turun ke Hati” – Bentang Pustaka, May 2012
- “The Naked Traveler 4” – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2012
- “The Naked Traveler, Across the Indonesian Archipelago” (in English) – Bentang Pustaka, Oct 2013
- “The Naked Traveler Anthology” – Bentang Pustaka, Jul 2014
- “The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip Part #1” – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2014
- “The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip Part #2” – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2014
- “The Naked Traveler Anthology: Horror” – Bentang Pustaka, Oct 2015
- “The Naked Traveler 7” – Bentang Pustaka, July 2016
Get them in the book stores in Indonesia, or buy online at mizanstore.com.
Digital book of “The Naked Traveler” series can be downloaded from Android & iOS Apps, i.e. Google Play Book, Book Mate, Scoop, etc.
“The Naked Traveler – The Series” on MNC Food & Travel, Indovision channel 98, every Saturday at 9.30 PM (WIB) in 2014. It’s a travel program based on Trinity’s 1 year round-the-world trip as posted on her YouTube channel.
- LOUD (Live Out Ur Dream) by Godrej Indonesia – Jakarta & Bandung in 5 ivy league universities, Feb 2015
- Book Talk by Forum Masyarakat Indonesia di Dresden – Dresden, 16 Oct 2015
- Frankfurt Book Fair – Frankfurt, 14 Oct 2015
- Participating author in Ubud Writers & Readers Festival – Bali, 5-9 Oct 2011 and 11-15 Oct 2013
- Participating author in Makassar International Writers Festival – Makassar, 13-17 Jun 2011 and 3-7 Jun 2015
- “Be Passionate, Live the Dream” in TEDx Talks – ITS Surabaya, 18 Jul 2012
- Tourism Seminar by Indonesian Embassy in Namibia – Windhoek, 6 Jul 2011
- “How to write about travel” @america by US Embassy – Jakarta, 14 May 2011
- Speaker of more than 100 seminars/workshops/talk shows in the field of creative writing/blogging/tourism/passion.
Awards & Recognitions
- Nominasi RCTI Socmed Awards 2016, Kategori: Blogger – RCTI TV, Mei 2015
- Wanita yang Melampaui Cita-Cita Kartini – Jawa Pos newspaper, 21 Apr 2014
- 5 Orang Penting dalam Dunia Pariwisata Indonesia (5 Most Important Persons in Indonesian Tourism) – detikTravel Reader’s’ Choice, 5 Feb 2014
- Figur Inspiratif (Inspirative figure) 2012 – Femina magazine, Oct 2012
- Indonesia Most Influential Personality in Social Media, Category: Travel – SWA magazine, 15 Mar 2012
- Heroine for Indonesian Tourism – The Jakarta Post newspaper, 17 Jun 2011
- 7 Most Inspirational People in Tourism – JalanJalan magazine, Dec 2010
- Indonesia Leading Travel Writer – Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards, Jakarta, 21 Oct 2010
- 12 Most Influential Indonesian Women on Twitter – Warta Ekonomi magazine, 23 Aug 2010
- Best Book 2008 – Cleo magazine, Dec 2008
- Finalist of Indonesia’s Best Blog Award 2007 in “Pesta Blogger” – Jakarta, 27 Oct 2007
For business purposes, please text/call: Ms. Zara Meliala (P.A. to Trinity) at +62818937693.