The Naked Traveler is the first and foremost travel blog in Indonesia. The book series have the same title.
Trinity is a non-fiction writer. She is Indonesia’s leading travel writer with 11 national best-selling books including “The Naked Traveler” series. Her books will be adapted into “The Naked Traveler The Movie” on the big screen in 2015. Currently she’s a TV host of “The Naked Traveler The Series” on MNC Food & Travel channel.
In 2005, she started a travel blog at naked-traveler.com and in less than two years the blog was nominated as finalist in Indonesia’s Best Blog Awards. She then switched from a corporate
slave career to become a full-time traveler and freelance travel writer.
Her debut book The Naked Traveler was a compilation of thoughtful but hilarious short stories from her adventure around the world. The book inspired many Indonesians, especially young people, to travel, something that still quite rare at the time. The Naked Traveler series now has six titles; all are Indonesia’s best-selling travel books to date.
Trinity, along with Erastiany and illustrator Sheila Rooswitha, created Indonesia’s first graphic travelogue Duo Hippo Dinamis: Tersesat di Byzantium (The Dynamic Hippos: Lost in Byzantium). She also contributed to the anthologies The Journeys, TraveLove and The Naked Traveler Anthology. Previously under her other pen name, she was an English-Indonesian translator for 6 British teenager books. She was also Editor in Chief of Venture travel magazine, regular contributor of Yahoo! Travel, and travel columnist on JalanJalan travel magazine.
Still, she has found time to become a contributor for many travel and lifestyle publications, a social media entrepreneur, and a speaker at a variety of events. In 2010, Trinity won an Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia’s Leading Travel Writer and was dubbed as ‘Heroine for Indonesian tourism’ by The Jakarta Post.
Trinity love of writing started when she was 6 years old by the influence of her extended families who work in the magazines. From there she became a journalist in school newspapers until her college time. She has a Bachelor Degree in Mass Communications from Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia, and was awarded an Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship to do her Master in Management at the Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines.
She has traveled to almost all the provinces of Indonesia as well as 65 countries around the world – and counting. She still thinks Indonesia is the best country she has ever visited.
About Trinity in Indonesian language, please click Wikipedia.
- “The Naked Traveler (Catatan Backpacker Wanita Indonesia Keliling Dunia)” – Bentang Pustaka, Jun 2007
- “The Naked Traveler 2” – Bentang Pustaka, Jan 2010
- “Duo Hippo Dinamis: Tersesat di Byzantium” – Bentang Pustaka, May 2010
- “The Journeys, Kisah Perjalanan Para Pencerita” – Gagas Media, Apr 2011
- “The Naked Traveler 3” – Bentang Pustaka, May 2011
- “TraveLove, Dari Ransel Turun ke Hati” – Bentang Pustaka, May 2012
- “The Naked Traveler 4″ – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2012
- “The Naked Traveler, Across the Indonesian Archipelago” (in English) – Bentang Pustaka, Oct 2013
- “The Naked Traveler Anthology” – Bentang Pustaka, Jul 2014
- “The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip Part #1” – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2014
- “The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round-the-World Trip Part #2” – Bentang Pustaka, Sep 2014
Get them in the book stores in Indonesia, or buy online at mizanstore.com.
Digital book of “The Naked Traveler” series can be downloaded from Android & iOS Apps, i.e. Wayang Force, Scoop, Indobook, Buqu, etc.
“The Naked Traveler – The Series” on MNC Food & Travel, Indovision channel 98, every Saturday at 9.30 PM (WIB). It’s a travel program based on Trinity’s 1 year round-the-world trip as posted on her YouTube channel.
Awards & Recognitions
- 5 Orang Penting dalam Dunia Pariwisata Indonesia (5 Most Important People in Indonesian Tourism) – detikTravel Reader’s’ Choice, 5 Feb 2014
- Figur Inspiratif (Inspirative figure) 2012 – Femina magazine, Oct 2012
- Indonesia Most Influential Personality in Social Media, Category: Travel – SWA magazine, 15 Mar 2012
- Participating author in Ubud Writers & Readers Festival, Bali, 5-9 Oct 2011 and 11-15 Oct 2013
- Heroine for Indonesian Tourism – The Jakarta Post newspaper, 17 Jun 2011
- 7 Most Inspirational People in Tourism – JalanJalan magazine, Dec 2010
- Indonesia Leading Travel Writer – Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards, Jakarta, 21 Oct 2010
- 12 Most Influential Indonesian Women on Twitter – Warta Ekonomi magazine, 23 Aug 2010
- Best Book 2008 – Cleo magazine, Dec 2008
- Finalist of Indonesia’s Best Blog Award 2007 in “Pesta Blogger” – Jakarta, 27 Oct 2007
For business purposes, please text/call: Ms. Zara Meliala at +62818937693.